We have a situation. We need to find our people…
Welcome! This forum is a safe place for genealogy discussion and sharing. My name is Barbie and I have been actively been researching my family history for over fifteen years. Along the way, I have been fortunate to learn some really amazing things using digital resources and people connections. It’s also been wonderful to help others find information on their families.
Let’s continue the search and find.
- 11 Nov 1878: More Than Meets The EyeA number of years ago, a fellow descendant of Emeline Potts Eppes located an 1878 deed of trust for Emeline in the Greensville County, Virginia courthouse. My… Read more “11 Nov 1878: More Than Meets The Eye”
- Clara Mabry and The Freedmen’s BureauI’ve previously written about “boss lady” Clara Mabry. In looking at the historical record to learn more about this formidable character, who I believe to be my… Read more “Clara Mabry and The Freedmen’s Bureau”
- 💍Rev. Turner and Josephine Get Married…Review of a Marriage Record💍Just what family history information can be gleaned from reviewing a marriage record? Here, as an example, is the 1880 Greensville County, Virginia certificate of marriage for… Read more “💍Rev. Turner and Josephine Get Married…Review of a Marriage Record💍”
- DNA Memory|The Very Idea…Imagine that we are carrying every memory from our ancestors in the code of our DNA. That’s the premise of DNA memory and it is a fascinating… Read more “DNA Memory|The Very Idea…”
- The Connection: Lundy, Potts and Dry Bread PlantationExcerpt from the Avent Family website: “The webmaster came across some information about this house in the book “Sketches of Greensville Co., VA”, by Douglas S. Brown… Read more “The Connection: Lundy, Potts and Dry Bread Plantation”
- Rev. Dr. Percel O. Alston, A Life Captured in Notice of DeathTo say that Percel O. Alston was an accomplished man may be an understatement. As his obituary attests, he was absolutely entrenched in accomplishment and activity. From… Read more “Rev. Dr. Percel O. Alston, A Life Captured in Notice of Death”
- Historical Family Photos: A Night on The Town, NYC StyleThis photo show the ladies enjoying a lovely night on the town. A Rheingold beer carton or placard of some sort appears in the background on the… Read more “Historical Family Photos: A Night on The Town, NYC Style”