We have a situation. We need to find our people…
Welcome! This forum is a safe place for genealogy discussion and sharing. My name is Barbie and I have been actively been researching my family history for over fifteen years. Along the way, I have been fortunate to learn some really amazing things using digital resources and people connections. It’s also been wonderful to help others find information on their families.
Let’s continue the search and find.
- Historical Newspapers: 18 Oct 1924 Wedding of Joseph C. Turner and Mary B. Seals in Plymouth, MassachusettsI recently happened across this fascinating write-up of the 1924 wedding between my third great uncle, Joseph Christopher Turner (son of Rev. John H. and Mrs. Bettie… Read more “Historical Newspapers: 18 Oct 1924 Wedding of Joseph C. Turner and Mary B. Seals in Plymouth, Massachusetts”
- SITUATION CRITICAL: Federal Indian Boarding School Initiative Investigative ReportOn Wednesday, May 11, 2022 news broke that over 500 deaths have been identified at various Indigenous boarding schools across the country. In 2021, Secretary of the… Read more “SITUATION CRITICAL: Federal Indian Boarding School Initiative Investigative Report”
- Historical Family Photos: Joshua L. Brewington (1846-1931)You never know what treasures you will find online, especially on Ancestry.com. It was an absolute delight to finally see the sight of my 2nd great-grandfather, Joshua… Read more “Historical Family Photos: Joshua L. Brewington (1846-1931)”
- 🕊60 Souls to wit: 1841In the Greensville County Will Book #6, beginning on page 122, the 60 “slaves to wit” of the deceased Thomas Parham are noted. The names, ages, and… Read more “🕊60 Souls to wit: 1841”
- 1950 U.S. Census is HEREWoot! 🥳 From the National Archives website: “On April 1, 2022, the 1950 Census was released, and users can access it for free through a dedicated website… Read more “1950 U.S. Census is HERE”
- Don’t Let That Distract You…Recent news out of California bears paying attention to. From Los Angeles Times newspaper: “California’s Reparations Task Force voted Tuesday to define those who are eligible for… Read more “Don’t Let That Distract You…”
- As Seen on Ancestry.com Part IISearching on Ancestry today, I saw this: The following is a journey of my sentiments as I read the above, expressed via GIFs: This is the second… Read more “As Seen on Ancestry.com Part II”