We have a situation. We need to find our people…
Welcome! This forum is a safe place for genealogy discussion and sharing. My name is Barbie and I have been actively been researching my family history for over fifteen years. Along the way, I have been fortunate to learn some really amazing things using digital resources and people connections. It’s also been wonderful to help others find information on their families.
Let’s continue the search and find.
- Aunt Sallie’s 1896 FashionAs we learn about our family history and review the records, photos, and circumstances surrounding their lives, it’s always interesting to learn more about related subjects. For… Read more “Aunt Sallie’s 1896 Fashion”
- Very Necessary: Primary SourcesIn the world of genealogy, primary sources are a type of best friend. They add weight to the credibility of our research and should be applied as… Read more “Very Necessary: Primary Sources”
- Yes, Virginia and America, There Was a Nat Turner and Revolters of the Despicable, Peculiar Institution of SlaveryEvents of August 21-22, 1831 Historical References Brantley Association Southampton County Project The Confessions of Nat Turner…|UNC-CH Exclusive: Inside the Quest to Return Nat Turner’s Skull to… Read more “Yes, Virginia and America, There Was a Nat Turner and Revolters of the Despicable, Peculiar Institution of Slavery”
- FAN Club: Rev. Dr. Samuel N. Vass, D.D.Samuel Nathaniel Vass, D.D. was born the year 1866 in North Carolina, the son of an enslaved woman and white father. He attended St. Augustine’s School in… Read more “FAN Club: Rev. Dr. Samuel N. Vass, D.D.”
- Historical Newspapers: Do You Know Them?This article is excerpted from the Richmond PLANET newspaper. There were numerous articles in many papers of the day that were similar in subject. People searching for… Read more “Historical Newspapers: Do You Know Them?”
- Historical Newspapers: 18 Oct 1924 Wedding of Joseph C. Turner and Mary B. Seals in Plymouth, MassachusettsI recently happened across this fascinating write-up of the 1924 wedding between my third great uncle, Joseph Christopher Turner (son of Rev. John H. and Mrs. Bettie… Read more “Historical Newspapers: 18 Oct 1924 Wedding of Joseph C. Turner and Mary B. Seals in Plymouth, Massachusetts”
- SITUATION CRITICAL: Federal Indian Boarding School Initiative Investigative ReportOn Wednesday, May 11, 2022 news broke that over 500 deaths have been identified at various Indigenous boarding schools across the country. In 2021, Secretary of the… Read more “SITUATION CRITICAL: Federal Indian Boarding School Initiative Investigative Report”