We have a situation. We need to find our people…
Welcome! This forum is a safe place for genealogy discussion and sharing. My name is Barbie and I have been actively been researching my family history for over fifteen years. Along the way, I have been fortunate to learn some really amazing things using digital resources and people connections. It’s also been wonderful to help others find information on their families.
Let’s continue the search and find.
- Rev. Dr. Percel O. Alston, A Life Captured in Notice of DeathTo say that Percel O. Alston was an accomplished man may be an understatement. As his obituary attests, he was absolutely entrenched in accomplishment and activity. From… Read more “Rev. Dr. Percel O. Alston, A Life Captured in Notice of Death”
- Historical Family Photos: A Night on The Town, NYC StyleThis photo show the ladies enjoying a lovely night on the town. A Rheingold beer carton or placard of some sort appears in the background on the… Read more “Historical Family Photos: A Night on The Town, NYC Style”
- The Brewingtons of Sampson County, North CarolinaMattie Brewington Braswell (1883-1952) was my great-grandmother. Born in Wayne County, North Carolina to free persons of color, the only thing that I knew about her (other… Read more “The Brewingtons of Sampson County, North Carolina”
- Eliza Turner and The Record RiddleAs we piece together the lives of our ancestors, it means documenting their deaths as best as we can verify. A great number of my ancestors lived… Read more “Eliza Turner and The Record Riddle”
- “Nineteen Years A Slave”—Hardy Ferguson’s Freedom Papers|Greensville Court Records|August 6, 1838At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for the County of Greensville at the Court House thereof on Monday the sixth day of August in the year… Read more ““Nineteen Years A Slave”—Hardy Ferguson’s Freedom Papers|Greensville Court Records|August 6, 1838”
- The 1844 Will of Thomas Potts of Sussex County, VirginiaThis will was penned by Thomas Potts (1790-1846), the father of Capt. John W. Potts (1808-1878), and lists the names of six souls as chattel. My maternal… Read more “The 1844 Will of Thomas Potts of Sussex County, Virginia”
- 1791 and 1799 “Inventory”—Rather the Enslaved of the Signer, Benjamin Harrison VMay this information help those seeking the names of their ancestors in Charles City County, Virginia. 1791 document is courtesy of J.L. at Charles City County History… Read more “1791 and 1799 “Inventory”—Rather the Enslaved of the Signer, Benjamin Harrison V”