We have a situation. We need to find our people…
Welcome! This forum is a safe place for genealogy discussion and sharing. My name is Barbie and I have been actively been researching my family history for over fifteen years. Along the way, I have been fortunate to learn some really amazing things using digital resources and people connections. It’s also been wonderful to help others find information on their families.
Let’s continue the search and find.
- Juneteenth: A RealizationOver 150 years after the enslaved peoples of America received news of their freedom in Texas, the United States has made Juneteenth a national holiday. You’d be… Read more “Juneteenth: A Realization”
- Book Recommendation: All That She Carried THE JOURNEY OF ASHLEY’S SACK, A BLACK FAMILY KEEPSAKE By TIYA MILESBook of the Times, a New York Times book review recently spotlighted this wonderfully important work by Professor of History Radcliffe Alumnae Professor, Tiya Miles. This work… Read more “Book Recommendation: All That She Carried THE JOURNEY OF ASHLEY’S SACK, A BLACK FAMILY KEEPSAKE By TIYA MILES”
- 1854 Division of the Enslaved: Powell, Greensville County, VirginiaIf you have Powell family connections in Greensville County, Virginia, then you may be interested in reviewing the following names of the enslaved who, in 1854, were… Read more “1854 Division of the Enslaved: Powell, Greensville County, Virginia”
- Berkeley Plantation Sale 1847: We Have The NamesSeveral days ago, I located an 1846 newspaper advertisement for the scheduled sale of the estate of Benjamin Harrison VII. There are a number of clues to… Read more “Berkeley Plantation Sale 1847: We Have The Names”
- Poetry: Passing Through TimeA creative reflection on the possible historical stance of Aunt Sallie John Turner. However her life was lived, whether long or short, may she rest in peace… Read more “Poetry: Passing Through Time”